my search to understand the bigger picture


Thursday, April 5, 2012

VOTD-April 5

Today's pick comes out of James 4:7-10 from The Message.

"So let God work his will in you. Yell a loud no to the Devil and watch him scamper. Say a quiet yes to God and he'll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin. Purify your inner life. Quit playing the field. Hit bottom, and cry your eyes out. The fun and games are over. Get serious, really serious. Get down on your knees before the Master; it's the only way you'll get on your feet."

I love the portion that says, "Get serious, really serious." That has struck a chord with me for a long time. It's a good reminder to keep in front of myself. I get so bogged down in doing sometimes, I simply forget to be. Sometimes I just want to stop and be with God. That's serious business right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment