my search to understand the bigger picture


Monday, April 2, 2012

VOTD-April 2

Today's verse of the day again comes from the book of Isaiah. I could easily just spend the next 30 days taking favorite verses from Isaiah. It's probably one of my favorite books of the Bible.

Anyways, Isaiah 58:12 "You'll use the old rubble of past lives to build anew, rebuild the foundations from out of your past. You'll be known as those who can fix anything, restore old ruins, rebuild and renovate, make the community livable again."

I think in many ways I'm still trying to figure out what is in the verse that grabs my attention. There are some things God has been speaking to my heart through this verse for awhile now, but I don't believe He is done with it just yet. I will never forget when this chapter first really grabbed my heart. What a special moment that was. Love those intimate times when God truly opens my eyes to something that's always been there, yet escaped my notice. Thank you Holy Spirit for those tender moments.

1 comment:

  1. THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME WITH A VERSE TODAY. I wrote an entire blog post and then deleted it because I realized I wasn't even grasping one percent of what God wanted to say to me through it. I just read it and knew it was a special promise to me

    ReplyDelete