my search to understand the bigger picture


Thursday, April 19, 2012

VOTD-April 19

Psalm 19:1-3

"The heavens are telling of the glory of God; and their expanse is declaring the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech, and night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard."

This verse reminds me of the two mornings I've run this week. I began while it was still dark, and got to watch the sun rise and majestic colors bounce off clouds and small ponds as I ran. It was breathtaking. The sheer beauty of God's creation is enough to make you stop, and wish you spent more time enjoying it. I love that God's creation is always welcoming; never gives us a hard time if it's been awhile since our last visit. His beauty and skill is simply astounding. Words simply do not do justice. If it's been awhile, take some time this weekend. Just look at the stars. Watch a sunrise or sunset. Watch how everything becomes greener and brighter in a good thunderstorm.

No comments:

Post a Comment