my search to understand the bigger picture


Saturday, April 14, 2012

VOTD-April 14

Ezekiel 47:9

"Where the river flows, life abounds."

Now I'm not about to overdo my thoughts on this verse, or attempt to make it say something it's not. Heck, I didn't even read the verses around it to get an idea of the context in which it was shared. All I know, is that this verse caught my attention. Upon reading this I immediately had flashbacks of all sorts of amazing times involving water. Joyful times. Times that made me feel happy to be alive.

  • Hundreds of times playing beach volleyball near Lake Michigan
  • Camping with my family at Holland State Park beach
  • Kayaking
  • Aunt Monty's cottage
  • Camping out in college at Salamonie Resevoir
  • Staying at a friend's cottage near Lake Michigan
  • Trail running near rivers
Wow, those times really brought life. There's something about being around bodies of water that just brings an almost unexplainable joy. Good memories today because of this verse.

No comments:

Post a Comment