my search to understand the bigger picture


Sunday, April 1, 2012

Verse of the Day-April 1

In an effort to dive a little deeper into my Bible, and applying it to my life, I've decided to post a verse of the day every day in the month of April here. Sometimes I may leave some thoughts regarding the text, other times I will let it speak for itself.

Today's text has been my favorite for 4-5 years now. It's found in Isaiah 42:16. I've read it so much in The Message that my Bible actually just falls open to it.

"But I'll take the hand of those who don't know the way, who can't see where they're going. I'll be a personal guide to them, directing them through unknown country. I'll be right there to show them what roads to take, make sure they don't fall into the ditch. These are the things I'll be doing for them--sticking with them, not leaving them for a minute."

This passage speaks to me on so many different levels. I love the imagery of outdoor adventure guide type stuff. I love the thought of being so close to God, especially in times of confusion, that he takes our hand. I love the promise at the end, that He'll never leave us for a minute! That's powerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment