my search to understand the bigger picture


Wednesday, April 11, 2012

VOTD-April 11

James 1:21-24

"In simply humility, let our gardener, God, landscape you with the Word, making a salvation-garden of your life. Don't fool yourself into thinking that you are a listener when you are anything but, letting the Word go in one ear and out the other. Act on what you hear! Those who hear and don't act are like those who glance in the mirror, walk away, and two minutes later have no idea who they are, what they look like."

I love the book of James. It's chock full of good stuff. But I really love this book because it challenges me so. This passage in particular challenges me greatly. Too often I fool myself into believing I'm doing alright. But God has other things in mind. I'm so thankful for His constant pruning and attention. That means He wants more for me. He wants me to be the creation He originally had in mind. That means I must act on what He teaches me. No small task, but that's when true transformation occurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment