my search to understand the bigger picture


Tuesday, April 3, 2012

VOTD-April 3

I'm cheating a little bit today. Today's choice actually has 8 verses. I could have narrowed it down to 1, but this is all so good.

Proverbs 3:5-12

"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. Don't assume that you know it all. Run to God! Run from evil! Your body will glow with health, your very bones will vibrate with life! Honor God with everything you own; give him the first and the best. Your barns will burst, your wine vats will brim over. But don't, dear friend, resent God's discipline; don't sulk under his loving correction. It's the child he loves that God corrects; a father's delight is behind all this."

So many good things packed in here. In an effort to keep this post short, I'd love to hear from you! What stands out to you in these verses?

1 comment:

  1. Trust in God and don't figure it out on your own. I think God has been radically teaching me in 2012 that rest is the opposite of control, they can't coexist. When we trust God, his goodness, and his promises, we are able to rest.

    Listen to God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go. I have only actually had short periods of time in my life, like hours where I really listen to what God is doing or saying before I act. But man, the proof is in the pudding. Those are the times I am free from worry, guilt, doubt, and fear!

    Run to God! Run from Evil! Your body will glow with health, your very bones will vibrate with life. I'll take it. Anyday

    Lastly- correction. I'm slightly weird and don't mind God refining me, pruning the dead branches,etc. I had a revelation a couple of weeks ago that even when God confronts us, He's for us, and it's all out of the purest love.

    ReplyDelete