my search to understand the bigger picture


Monday, June 4, 2012

VOTD-June 4

John 16:33 (NLT)

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."


this served as a tremendous reminder for me as the day came to an end.  some days are tougher than others.  today, kind of rough.  it's so easy for us to wallow in self-pity, whining and moaning as to why things aren't going our way.  usually those are the times when our view is extremely narrow, solely focused on ourselves, with selfishness and greed driving everything we do.  what does Jesus promise here in this verse?  well, he promises that we first may have peace in him.  he also promises that we will have many trials and sorrows.  but, he reminds us that he's already overcome the world, thus making it possible for us to have peace in him.  


i hate that i'm so easily shaken by inconsequential happenings.  hate it.  but, i'm learning and growing, and thankful that God continues working with me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment