my search to understand the bigger picture


Thursday, June 28, 2012

VOTD-June 28

Jeremiah 17:10

"I the Lord search the heart and examine the mind."

on thursdays i meet with some quality gents who serve different capacities at the church i also serve at.  we went over this verse this morning, and it really hasn't left my mind yet.

at first, feelings of nervousness and anxiety cloud the mind at the thought that God knows every motive, every bad thought, every thing that is dishonoring to Him.  this is downright scary!

but then, as i've allowed myself to stick with this, i began to notice more of a peace, a calming in my spirit.  no longer do i feel the embarrassment of imperfection, of being found out; i feel a comfort that God knows me as i am, and loves me.

you see, i'm his child, and nothing can separate me from his love.  nothing changes the fact that i'm his; nothing changes his love for me.  nothing.

in Psalm 139 David shares "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."  i believe he's gotten to the point here where he trusts God.  he knows the blessing that comes with the Father having complete reign to lovingly mold our hearts.  it's a constant process, this molding.

i love that God doesn't ever quit on us.  he never stops loving us.  thank you Jesus for always sticking with me.  thank you that your love never fails.  thank you for searching my heart and mind, for helping me become more like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment