my search to understand the bigger picture


Saturday, May 5, 2012

VOTD-May 5

Psalm 130:5-6

"I pray to God--my life a prayer--and wait for what he'll say and do.  My life's on the line before God, my Lord, waiting and watching till morning, waiting and watching till morning."

oh how i wish this could be said of my life more often.  even in those rare moments where my life feels like a prayer, the waiting part is what usually gets me.  i hardly ever wait and watch for God.  when i ask, i want an answer right then.  the trick is, things don't usually work that way.  God's got his own timing and schedule, but i always want Him to do things on my schedule.  why do i fight him like this?  why not just take a little time to wait and watch.  God's ways, and His timing, are always best.

No comments:

Post a Comment