my search to understand the bigger picture


Tuesday, May 1, 2012

VOTD-May 1

well, i did it.  posted a verse of the day (VOTD) every day in the month of April.  it was a lot of fun for me, and brought me back to some really good passages of Scripture.  so, i'm going to keep going until i don't feel like it anymore.  which leads me to today........

Judges 15:14-15

"As Samson arrived at Lehi, the Philistines came shouting in triumph. But the Spirit of the Lord came powerfully upon Samson, and he snapped the ropes on his arms as if they were burnt strands of flax, and they fell from his wrists.  Then he found the jawbone of a recently killed donkey. He picked it up and killed 1,000 Philistines with it."


wow!  have you ever thought about this before?  can't say i can even imagine what it would be like to have the Holy Spirit come on me so powerfully like that.  and then to think of killing 1,000 of your enemies with the jawbone of a recently killed donkey?  did he have to pry the bone away from the still rotting corpse?  talk about intense!  sometimes verses like this just sort of make me shudder and shake my head.  

No comments:

Post a Comment