my search to understand the bigger picture


Thursday, May 10, 2012

VOTD-May 10

Luke 22:31-32

"Simon, stay on your toes.  Satan has tried his best to separate all of you from me, like chaff from wheat.  Simon, I've prayed for you in particular that you not give in or give out.  When you have come through the time of testing, turn to your companions and give them a fresh start."

hm, this has me thinking this morning about how often satan tries to separate me from Jesus by keeping me "busy".  rest i think plays a crucial role in 2 very distinct ways.  first, we, as a people, are just way too busy.  there's way too much going on in life.  when we get to feeling like we don't have time for personal interaction with Jesus, that's a problem.  it's a problem because our lives are filled with too much stuff, and our priorities are out of whack.  second, rest comes when we allow God to work through us.  rest comes when we learn not to rely on our own strength, or what we can bring to the table, but we allow God complete access to our lives each and every day.  we allow him to guide and direct us.  we give him full and complete reign in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment