my search to understand the bigger picture


Thursday, September 15, 2011

For Someone Out There......

For some reason, Psalm 32:7 came to mind yesterday while driving into work. Just the reference. So when I got to church I looked it up, but still didn't make much sense to me at that moment. Many times, I might get some sense of a passage I might need to check out, and then it provides me with exactly what I needed at that moment.

This was different.

It almost felt like this was for someone else.

But I never really felt moved to share it with anyone yesterday. It did, however, open my eyes to possibilities while I was out doing some last minute shopping for my trip this weekend. Because of this awareness, I was able to invite someone to church this weekend, a worker in one of the stores. We had a great little conversation that didn't last long, but ended with us exchanging names and hand shakes, and well wishes.

This is not something I'd normally have done in the past. Not because it's not important, but because I wouldn't have thought to do so. That's why I love the church I attend and work at. People there challenge me all the time. Challenge me to let my faith be something that blesses others, and is not just held tightly to make my life better.

So, the highlight of my day yesterday was my conversation with that woman in the store, and inviting her to church. And yet, I still had not shared this verse. So I post it here today, in the hopes that someone in the vast scope of the internet universe may find this and receive something.

Psalm 32:7
"You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance."

In a few hours I leave for Wisconsin, to fulfill a dream I've long held of running The North Face Endurance Challenge up there. I'm so excited to spend a couple of days with some great friends, whom I don't see nearly as often as I should anymore. What could be better than camping, friends, and trail running long distances with a newly cut foot that's bleeding through my bandaids as I speak?

Wait,

WHAT?????????

Yeah, last night I was moving the dishwasher, and cut my foot. I was/am pissed, but the show must go on. I've got 2 days for it to heal, plus multiple bandages, wraps, duct tape, and grit. This will not slow me down nor keep me from this dream.

But if you think of it, throw up a prayer for some quick healing please! Ha ha, in reality, I have to laugh at this situation. Gotta love it.

Gonna be an amazing weekend. Only thing missing is my family. But hey, at least I have them to come home to!

No comments:

Post a Comment