my search to understand the bigger picture


Monday, October 22, 2012

God Hit Me Right Where I needed It

Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world.  But if we have food and clothing with these we will be content. 



I Timothy 6:6-8



This hit me like a ton of bricks this morning.  Last night I came down with a heavy dose of depression after small group.  Had the wife pray for me, prayed for myself, and man it was just a thick fog of it lingering.  Many times, with this comes on, what immediately follows is thoughts of all the material things I want but don't have.  I try really hard not to window shop anymore or dream about it, because usually it just captures my attention.  God's done an amazing job freeing me from the jail of believing more stuff will make me happy.  Unfortunately, sometimes I forget to slip back.  This was good this morning because it focused my attention on something good.  I have food and clothing.  I can't take anything with me when I die.  Thank you Jesus for reminding me this morning, that you've given me all I need already.  You are enough.  I've got so much excess in this world.  Thanks for redirecting my gaze onto you this morning.  Also, special shout out to friend Josh Bubniak.  Not sure if you'll ever read this my friend, and I know you've been struggling this morning.  But the fact that you stepped into my office, and just listened for a minute, and shared some conversation, well let's just say Jesus used you to start this change in my day.  Thank you my friend.  Also, thanks to Third Day for making beautiful music.  I believe they will be the artist of the day for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment