my search to understand the bigger picture


Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Men's Ministry on my mind......

As I attempt to officially start up Men's Ministry at the church I serve at, Isaiah 58:12 continues to come to my mind.......

"You'll use the old rubble of past lives to build anew, rebuild the foundations from out of your past.  You'll be known as those who can fix anything; restore old ruins, rebuild and renovate, make the community livable again."

My heart for the men of our church is to love God and love others.  I want to see men have a powerful relationship with God, and not just weekend experiences with Him.  I want to see them lead by loving those around them.  I want us to become known as servants, those who love everyone, and those who love Jesus with our heart, soul, mind, and strength.

I want the Holy Spirit to use us to help other men rebuild their lives.  I want Him to use us to help renovate and restore men.  I want the Holy Spirit to make us a force of change in the world around us, a force of love, care and concern for the broken.

There's more to come............

No comments:

Post a Comment