my search to understand the bigger picture


Sunday, April 10, 2011

Kickapoo-Such a Fun Word To Say

Well, let's try this again. Just hit a wrong button and deleted my almost completed post, so here we go........... I was showing my daughters some videos of my run out at Kickapoo State Park this past Friday, and my youngest kept repeating Kickapoo over and over and over, it was hilarious! It is quite a fun word to say, and even more enjoyable place to spend time on the trails! I'm so thankful to have a place like that in the middle of flat Illinois. It's quite a relaxing place for me to go and find some refuge. Friday I had a good friend with me, and we went 10 miles, the furthest run of his life! It's awesome to watch new runners achieve goals every couple of weeks. In fact, it inspires me to keep working on my own running. This year has had it's challenges, but I've grown to accept it for what it is. I've come to the conclusion that this is a year simply to enjoy running. My goal is to get out to the trails as often as possible, and just enjoy myself. I'm glad that I've been able to keep my fitness level at a point of being able to run 10 trail miles quite comfortably, and have plenty left in the tank. Not bad for an overweight runner! Around this time last year I was finishing up my training for Comrades with Team World Vision. What an amazing trip, with some amazing people! I learned so much from that experience, and think of this year's team often. In all of our struggles this past year, I'm so happy that one of a few things has remained non-negotiable, our sponsorship of two girls through World Vision. It's such a honor to be in a place to be able to bless others, and helps keep my perspective in it's proper place when life gets tough for us. So, here's a few videos from this past Friday.












Well, that's it for now. I've got a few more ideas running through my brain, but I need time to process them before posting on the interwebs. Just read a very interesting article in TrailRunner Magazine, so be on the lookout for thoughts on that very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment